Monday 21 November 2016

O, as the kids, M, used to say, G!

I couldn't wait until later in the week for the terrifying announcement.  I had to make it today, so here it is:

Help. I've gone insane.

For some reason I've signed up to run the Virgin Money London Marathon 2017. No, really. I have. I blame Nick Harvey. He did it this year and made it look easy. He raised loads of cash for a great cause and it inspired me to try and do the same. So I signed up and luckily got a place with the fantastic charity Pancreatic Cancer UK.

I'll be running in memory of my late uncle Cliff who, those of you who where were kind enough to sponsor me for Macmillan Cancer Support's 'Go Sober For October' will remember, died in October 2015 from pancreatic cancer. It was sudden and horrible and he was far too young so I'm really pleased to make a positive out of it and get this chance to raise (hopefully) loads of cash for a great charity.

I have to raise a minimum of £2500 but I'd love to raise as much as possible. If I could double that I'd be beyond happy. I'll have to think of something I can do if I get to £5000. Run in the buff or something. Well, not that. I wouldn't want to blind people (make of that what you will).

There's another favour I'd like to ask on top of begging for your money. PCUK are running a competition and the two fundraisers with the most money by 12:00 on 12th December 2016 will get to start from the Green Start (that's the bit with all the celebs and the posh loos). It would be great fun to be able to start from there so if you can/want to/are planning on sponsoring me please do it RIGHT NOW! Only actual donations will count, not promises of them.

To all you UK based taxpayers please Gift Aid the bobbins off those donations, it really does make a difference to the charity to get that extra slice from the tax office. It's also a perfect time to donate as November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. I know money is tight at the moment but if every one of my Twitter followers donated £1 I'd raise £2436. I could almost reach the minimum in no time. So don't think you have to sponsor me thousands of pounds (although, if you can afford to that would be great). Every penny counts.

You can donate via my Virgin Money Giving page here. Your donations will spur me on, the more you give the faster I'll run. Or at least, the more you give the more likely I am to get through it.

I'll keep you all updated with how the training is going and thank you in advance for your donations and your support.

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment