Monday 4 April 2016

Albums and stuff

So, yeah.  I've failed once again to hit my weekly target... Oh well.  *Must try harder*

Now, I have news.  If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (or both) you will know that I've been writing two albums.  One will include my two string quartets and some other music for string quartet including a piece for piano and string quartet.

The other is for string quartet and loads of electronic stuff.  I spent a week a little while ago down at my brother Dan's studio adding to what I'd already written and using his ear as a producer.  It was great and I think has really lifted the music.

I've now booked to record at Script Studios a little later this month, which is very exciting.  I'm being decadent and have booked two days so that I can have five sessions with the strings so that we have time to play about and get a great performance. I'll then spend the rest of the time recording the piano and some other parts for the second album live, which will be a lot of fun.

The fabulous Peter Gregson is putting a quartet together for me and the very talented Joe Rubel is going to engineer and mix.  I've asked Angus MacRae to play piano live with the quartet for one of the pieces and luckily he has agreed.  It's all very exciting.  Can you tell I'm excited?

Anyway, they will be released (separately) later this year.  I'll keep you posted with any other developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment